Talbot-Taylor Wildlife Sanctuary
GPS Coordinates – 42.733259 / -71.683260 Location BHT5
The Taylor-Talbot wildlife sanctuary was deeded to Brookline in 1981 by Harold and Ruth Taylor.
The sanctuary consists of 70 acres and was a vision of Hal Taylor. Mr. Taylor bought the land in 1958 he stated to get the necessary permits to create the pond and extend the wetlands by building a dam. Hal Taylor received help from the Army Corps of Engineers help from the Soil Conservation Service to build the dam. The sanctuary is currently monitored by the Conservation Commission. Matthew Sawyer, who lives in Brookline near the sanctuary maintains the dam as well as wood duck boxes.